Sunday, April 18, 2004

Well, finally, most of my friends are back in Newcastle. This has been quite a random week consisting literally entirely of work, sit in bedroom, sleep, work, sit in bedroom...

That schedule is preferable to sitting in the cold living room on my own, or hanging out with the two weird flatmates who were also here.

Anyway, the girls got back today, which was nice. We went to see gothika, which wasn't nice at all.

Oh, this is quite interesting. I read on bbc news that german scientists have been doing their scientist thing, and they've decided that the universe is trumpet shaped. I'd like to think they mean with buttons and mouth piece and all, but I think they just mean the end bit. Anyway, this means that in some places, time and space are so curved that you can see the back of your head. You can see the back of your head! How random is that? I'm not sure i've fully got my brain around the concept of space and time being "curved"... but bbc news, in it's infinite wisdom, has posted this story just as a "snippet" and I can't find more information on it anywhere.

Carl asked how long it would take to get to the places where this happens, which made me realise that, infact, if people could get there, it would just be full of women exclaiming "wow, my bum *does* look big in this!"

Comments

You crazy Brits probably used some wacky telescope made of teacups or something. Here in America, you can't see the back of your head, no matter how hard you try.
Grimtooth | Email | Homepage | 04.17.04 - 10:23 pm | #

"I read on bbc news that *german* scientists"

geez, you're an idiot.
jaymee | 04.17.04 - 10:28 pm | #

I'd really like to know how to find this spot in the universe for the next time I highlight my hair.
dolly | 04.17.04 - 11:53 pm | #