Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Women > Men Lol

Now this is something that's been annoying me for about four months.

In the girls bathrooms at work, on the inside of the door in one of the stalls, there's this poster with a list of "Reasons Women are Better than Men"

The list includes gems like "We can paint our nails", "We can judge a person just by looking at their shoes". Well, Thank God I'm a woman, eh! Nail painting! Shoe judging! What more could I possibly want?

See what I'm getting at here?

"We'll never regret piercing our ears"
Come on, is this really all they could think of?

I don't normally get annoyed about this kind of jokey stuff, it's just ironic that something that's supposed to be giving women a big up, is infact pigeon holing us as all wanting no more pleasure in our lives than nail painting and, in a round-about way, suggesting that there's nothing more to being a woman than this superficial crap.

I need to print out a big rolleyes and pin it over the top on my last day.

2 comments:

Galoot said...

So, uh... What do my $12 Wal-Mart sneakers say about me?

dollyllama said...

They say you paid too much, you can get them for $5 if you look in the "seconds" bin.