Friday, June 25, 2004

tum te tum... 11 days!

Well i've not blogged in a while because i've not really done anything interesting. I moved out of my house in Newcastle and spent a lot of time cleaning and whining about all the cleaning in chat.

Howwwwwever, in 11 days I'll be off to Europe with my inter rail pass to travel down the east of france from lille, via Lyon and Annecy, probably Aix-en-Bains then along the south of france via Monte Carlo or Nice and Cannes, quick stop via Marseille, then onto Montpellier, then via Perpignan into Spain, down the east of Spain stopping certainly in Barcelona, but I haven't quite planned that far yet... :D

Soooo I may actually have something interesting to blog about.

I'm sure I'll be stopping off at net cafes and begging them to let me plug in a USB cable (does anyone know how to say "Is it possible to plug in a USB device here?" in french or spanish? - I will probably be posting a worth forums thread asking for this phrase and others like it to be translated :) ).

I'll be keeping a travel diary too and taking lotttttts of photos (my storage device can hold over 5000) so I can be one of those annoying "Well on my gap year..." people who just doesn't shut up for months to come.

2 comments:

arsifoofoo said...

I am very jealous.

Unknown said...

Have a great time, jaym. I know the area around Montpellier well - try to visit Valres Plage while you're there. Great seafood and a fantastic beach. The Cap Dagde is also worth a trip and so is Meze. If you wander inland a bit, Chateau Grezan is a 12th century chateau which now makes teh most amazing wine. See my smugmug for piccies :)

Dragon60