Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Talent Not Required

Heard this morning on the radio that David Beckham turned down a role in a new Pink Panther movie. Now, while David Beckham dressed in pink and tip toeing around would have been quite a sight, what is this deal with famous people switching professions?

I just can't understand it. What on earth is it about being a footballer that qualifies you to act? It is apparently more important in show biz to be recognisable and well known than actually good at what you're doing.

Fact is that however much of a train wreck that movie would have been, it would have made money. Critics might have slated it, late night comedy shows might have mocked it, but people would have plodded along to see 'the beckham movie'.

Uch.

5 comments:

jaymeekae said...

I think you missed the point.

pineapplecharm said...

Heh; damn right, Jimmy-baby. Any time you want to "get the point" you give your Uncle Pineapplecharm a call, eh?

Anonymous said...

amy, Very informative. Great to see such that fresh sites are still out there. If you know anything about boy fancy dress or boy fancy dress feel free to send a post onto my blog. Thanks again

Anonymous said...

Hi amy, your post on Talent Not Required was a catchy read, i spent a good half hour scanning through it all. If you would like to view your opinions on boy fancy dress please feel free to add a post onto my blogspot. Thanks

Anonymous said...

amy, stumbled upon your site accidently but it was such a fascinating read i was hooked for a good half hour. I'm currently trying to rekindle my blog on fancy dress for little girl but i feel my first few posts may have deterred people from responding. If you could post one for me, I feel it would help me collect information about fancy dress for little girl. Thanks again for the great read!