Thursday, July 15, 2004

omg sun!!!

Whoo, I dont even know where to begin with this post. ive been pretty good at keeping my diary on paper and ill update my blog with sections of it when i get home prolly. In the mean time Ill just ramble for a bit cause internet access is like 85p an hour here.

Uuuuuhm well last night was the quatorze and I went with a polish girl called paulina and a welsh girl also called amy to fireworks just outside montpellier (which is where im staying at the moment). Amazing display. Two things the french know how to do: make sandwiches, put on fireworks.

Today i took a quick trip on a tram and a bus to the beach and had a walk along, paddling in the water. Took some photos and tommorrow im gonna go back, sans camera and perhaps with some girls from the hostel to swim and properly do the beach thing.

Am really loving Montpellier,everyone here seems so much nicer and more willing to help than in some other places ive visited where theyve even been rude at tourist information offices. A swedish woman told me of this conversation at the tourist office in aix-en-provence
SW: Hey so are there any good art galleries here?
TO: Yes loads, what do you want?
SW: Um, well, Cezanne was born here wasnt he?
TO: ... He's dead you know.

say what now?

Anyway, as i was saying, people in montpellier are much nicer. Am staying here two more nights then heading to Carcassonne I think which is some kind of walled city I think. I never really know until I show up in these places since I dont have a Europe/France guide book aside from the hostel guide.

Well, Im off to see if anyone at the hostel feels like going for a wander round the town.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to put a damper on things but I had a very bad experience with a sandwich today, when I failed to pay attention and got short-changed by £15, without noticing nutil after I'd left. The kicker is, I quibbled about being short-changed 10p on achocolate bar at the petrol station an hour later

Anonymous said...

err.. I suppose I should've said my name, which is me. Carl. The man who buys expensive sandwiches. GRRR.

Mind you, the thought of you having a lovely holiday is some comfort, I suppose.

jaymeekae said...

oddly enough i nearly paid 10euros too much for a sandwich yesterday cause i handed over a 5 euro note and didnt realise there was a 10 folded in with it. However, nice sandwich shop lady gave it back.

Unknown said...

All the time I've spent just half an hour's drive from Montpellier, and I've never been there. Been all round that area, but never been to that town. Never been to Carcasson either, so I'm really looking forward to your photos. Maybe next trip I'll visit these towns...

Dragon60

bruno boutot said...

omg cezanne is dead?
I didn't know he was sick.

jaymeekae said...

yeah maybe we should send flowers or something?