Saturday, October 23, 2004

Whoo

Hi,

I have kind of a strange request. : )

I'm a Photography student at Sunderland University. I was wondering if you have many people staying with you at the moment that are passing through Newcastle on travels around the world/europe/wherever, and whether it would be possible for me to come and ask a few people if they wouldn't mind having their photograph taken outside the hostel for a project.

Would this be possible/okay?

Thanks,
Amy

-------

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your e-mail, sounds like a bit of a fun project!!

I wouldn't have any problem with you taking photos, we do get people staying here from all over the world. I am not to sure what day or time you would want to pop around we are open all day so you can just turn up.

I am sure either myself or some of my staff would be able to help you if there are no hostellers available.

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to arrange a time to suit or just turn up.

Good luck with your studies,

Regards Jeff Austen (Senior Assistant YHA Newcastle)

------

Finally decided what to do for the project. Also i'm gonna ask people something along the lines of what they think the point of travelling is, or one of their reasons for travelling, inspired by this http://www.photohype.com/HOE2.htm online exhibition. Saw a poster for that exhibition while in Barcelona but for some reason that i can't remember, couldn't go. It was something stupid like the poster didn't say the date or something. Also, i've stood on this balcony: http://www.photohype.com/HOEkabulsiestas.htm \o/

Oooh that reminds me, we're going to Edinburgh for fireworks night weekend, about 7 of us are gonna stay in a hostel for the weekend. We wanted to get a 7 seater hire car to drive up there, but turns out you have to be 23(!) to hire a car in england so train it is.

Okay i was gonna write more but have been conned into playing drinking monopoly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi amy, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on architectural photography when I found your page. Your site describing Whoo is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on architectural photography then drop by the site above and check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hi amy, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on photography senior, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about photography senior.

Anonymous said...

Hi amy...Wow! While I was searching for info on life photography still I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for life photography still. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about life photography still.

Anonymous said...

Hi amy...Wow! While I was searching for info on photography portfolio I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for photography portfolio. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about photography portfolio.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.