Friday, August 27, 2004

just spilling time

You know things are boring when the most exciting thing you did all day was drop off some photos to be printed (not even collect them), and you're looking forward to starting an admin job.

Actually I have a pretty good feeling about this new job. It starts on Tuesday. It's at a Solicitors and is pretty well paid. It'll be the usual typing malarky, but, well like i say, I just have a good feeling about it. It's highly likely to be misplaced optimism but we'll see.

Ooh also, I bought a new pc, amd athlon xp3200, 120gb hard drive, 512mb ram, dvdrw, video card with tv out, £350($620) (including shipping). <3 Ebay. I'm thinking I'm going to upgrade to a 160gb hard drive which the guy says he'll do for £15 extra. But I don't want the stupid fancy pants case it comes with, so he's gonna email me some other plainer options tomorrow which will hopefully knock a bit off again.

Apart from that, all I have to say is that i can't *wait* for uni to start now. I'm a bit nervous about freshers week and stuff but i'm sure it'll be ok once things get going. On the first weekend we have a meet and greet thing which is for people to take their families too, and since I'm already up here and moved in, my parents aren't here and so I'll be going on my own. It'll just be that first 10 seconds after I walk in that will be bad, then hopefully I'll spot someone to start a conversation with.

Oh also, I'm away next week at a friend's wedding. A friend my age! It sounds nuts but they've been together forever and stuff. Anyway, that's pretty exciting. Need to buy a new outfit. Omg and a hat! Oh I'm oddly nervous about seeing friends again though since I missed the hen weekend and have kind of been bad about keeping in touch since Europe. Hopefully they won't be too pissed at me, and I know a few other people have gone awol too. Oh and I did send my high school best friend a post card for the first time ever in my life so hopefully that will have scored me some points. Anyway I think I might be needed to give people lifts so they can't stay mad at me.

1 comment:

arsifoofoo said...

Can you lend me some money?